SaleScan is an application developed by ORPTS that facilitates county capture of RP-5217 Real Property Transfer information contained in the barcode, and allows verification of assessment roll data for transferred parcels. This process occurs subsequent to the filing of the RP-5217-PDF with the deed.
Advantages of using SaleScan
- USB based handheld barcode scanner quickly and easily reads the data, eliminating the need for full manual entry of the forms
- Exact identification of the parcel(s) being transferred
- Correct assessment data captured
- Correct school district identified
- Eliminates the need for a duplicate data entry at several levels of government and associated corrections of misreported data
- Data can be merged with other government data files
- Quicker entry to computer files for state, local and public use
Who is using SaleScan?
For additional SaleScan information, contact the ORPTS Data Management Unit.