Skip to main content

Get a copy of my return

Log in or create an Online Services account to view and print a copy of your e-filed return for the following tax types:

  • corporation (ten most recent filing periods since 2008)
  • sales and use (five most recent filing periods)
  • fuel use (six most recent filing periods)
  • withholding (nine most recent filing periods)
  • fiduciary (ten most recent filing periods since 2008)

Tax professionals: View your client's e-filed returns through your Tax Professional Online Services account by having your client complete and sign E-ZRep Form TR-2000Tax Information Access and Transaction Authorization.

Log in to view Create account

To request copies of e-filed or paper returns for tax years 1990 and forward, complete and mail Form DTF-505, Authorization for Release of Photocopies of Tax Returns and/or Tax Information. Returns filed before 1990 are not available.

We will send a photocopy of the return, if available. If the copies must be certified, mark an X in the box on the Reason for request line.

When completing the form, be sure to:

  • specify as best you can the type of information being requested,
  • provide the reason for your request,
  • include a daytime phone number, and
  • provide a form of identification from which your signature can be validated.

See the instructions on the back of the form for identification requirements.

There is a charge of twenty-five cents ($.25) per page. Send no payment now. The amount due will be billed to you in the letter we send upon completion of your request. Please allow 30 days for processing.

Mail your completed request, along with a copy of a form of identification from which your signature can be validated, to:

ALBANY NY 12227-0870