Tax relief for New Yorkers impacted by Post-Tropical Depression Ida
The Acting Tax Commissioner has extended certain filing and payment deadlines for taxpayers who were directly affected by Post-Tropical Depression Ida.
For more information, visit N-21-3, Announcement Regarding Relief from Certain Filing and Payment Deadlines due to Post-Tropical Depression Ida.
Employers are required to withhold and pay personal income taxes on wages, salaries, bonuses, commissions, and other similar income paid to employees.
- Who must withhold personal income tax
- Who you must withhold tax for
- Income subject to withholding
- Amount to deduct and withhold
- Electronic filing
New hire reporting
File and pay
Employers may also be required to:
- Pay unemployment insurance contributions
- Pay the metropolitan commuter transportation mobility tax (MCTMT)
- Publication NYS-50, Employer's Guide to Unemployment Insurance, Wage Reporting, and Withholding Tax
- Withholding tax rate changes
- Withholding publications and guidance
- Withholding forms and instructions
- Jurisdiction/Rate Lookup by Address
- Wage reporting resources for withholding tax filers
- Guidance for employers affected by a W-2 phishing scheme
- Email subscription service