Form NYS-1, Return of Tax Withheld
Web File is free—no additional software needed
Use Withholding Tax Web File to report and pay withholding tax.
- direct payment from your bank account
- instant filing confirmation
- scheduled payments
Are you a new employer?
Before you can file for withholding tax, you must first register as an employer with New York State.
If you've already registered with New York State
Log in or create an Online Services account to get started. To learn how, view our account creation demo.
If you are viewing this page on your computer, then you're probably required to use Withholding Tax Web File. You must Web File your return if you:
- do not use a tax preparer to file;
- use a computer to prepare, document, or calculate your tax forms; and
- have broadband Internet access.
For returns due on or after April 30, 2015, if you file by paper and meet the above conditions, you will be subject to penalties.
If you don't meet the above conditions
Continue to paper Form NYS-1, Return of Tax Withheld.